Button it!

A summer project involving a lot of buttons and one flowery cushion :)

Friday 12 August 2011

I found...

...some pretty amazing buttons at my nans today! Going though her secret stash of buttons and I found some buttons that were made to look like old Argentinian coins! And even some buttons that had a coat of arms on them. I decided that I wouldn't use them on my cushion project, as I think they're too special, but I'll try to think of someway to use them in the future - any suggestions appreciated!

Earlier today I was explaining my Button it! project to one of my friends, (I think they all think I'm slightly mad...) but then she surprised me by asking if I would do her a cushion too! So as long as I have enough buttons left over (I'm sure I will!) then I will be doing a second cushion! :)

I got quite a good start on tonight. Started by pining on some of the coloured buttons that I'm using to show the flowers/petals and then I spent about 3 hours sewing on 3 out of 8 flowers... I could be here a while! It's not looking too bad at the moment, but I hope that once I get a few more on it will really start to look something!

That however, is going to take a lot of time, so I probably wont get any more done until Sunday. I'm at work all day tomorrow and then in the evening I'm going to watch an amateur performance of Twelfth Night  which is being performed inside and out!

I'll keep you updated!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home